Today I’m going to show you how to install the WordPress blogging system in 5 minutes. If you are a big fan of blogging to generate thousands of leads per day, marketing affiliate programs, and even building your mlm business online, then setting up a self-hosted WordPress blog is the best choice.
Before you can easily have WordPress blog up and running on your live web server in five minutes or less. These are the tools you need to get started:
- Domain Name. You have to pick a domain name for your blog ex: yourblog.com. There are many domain name registrar out there to choose from, including GoDaddy, Namecheap, Website.ws, and others. Domain registrar usually cost you less than $10.00 a year.
- Web Hosting. You need to choose your web hosting provider to host your registered domain name. Most domain registrar also provide web hosting services. However, I recommend Blue Host, Webhosting Pad, and HostGator because they are less expensive than others and offers any perks with its hosting package, including email, simple scripts, and other useful features.
- Cpanel. This is a web based control panel tool which will help you manage your web hosting account through a web interface instead of a console. With cPanel you are able to accomplish your tasks faster and even non-professionals can easily set their websites via cPanel. Actually when you sign in with a web hosting company, the web hosting package will include a control panel which you will use in managing and maintaining your files and your domain.
- Fantastico. This is a system designed to make installing popular scripts easy. Fantastico is a program that integrates with the popular online control panel” Cpanel” to offer web hosting customers the ability to install popular programs and scripts with the ease of a click on a button. This is the great choice if you want to intall your self-hosted WordPress blog.
- FTP Program. This software tool will allows you to easily move files from your computer to the server where your blog will be hosted. I am using FileZilla Client to transfer my files to my web server. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
That’s it! You now have a complete tools to start blogging with your self-hosted WordPress blog. Just start clicking to explore! WordPress is free to use, but if you want to get the most out of your new WordPress blog, consider joining a group of mastermind to monetize your blog, a step by step video tuturials on what to blog, recommended pluggins, and build your online business on autopilot.
If you found value in this post, please do me a favor and Share it with others and Comment below.
If you enjoyed this article, enter your name and email below to get free updates (unless you already have too many leads)!
AntonAmoto.com runs on the Thesis WordPress Theme
If you’re someone who doesn’t understand a lot of PHP, HTML, or CSS, Thesis will give you a ton of functionality without having to alter any code. For the advanced, Thesis has incredible customization possibilities via extensive hooks and filters. And with so many design options, you can use the template over and over and never have it look like the same site.
If you’re more familiar with how websites work, you can use the fantastic Thesis User’s Guide and world-class support forums to make more professional customizations than you ever thought possible. The theme is not only highly customizable, but it allows me to build sites with a much more targeted focus on monetization than ever before. You can find out more about Thesis below: